Thursday, August 16, 2012

Still on my Mind #3


Sorry for the lack of book reviews, I'm reading this book right now that I'm not going to review,because it's not YA. So today, I'm going a to start a YA book that I can review. I'm also busy because school starts up in a few days, so I'm running around trying to get every little thing possible done. 

Still on my Mind is hosted by Haley at .Ya-Aholic (: Every Thursday will feature a book that you read months or even YEARS ago that was so good (or so scary/unique/funny..etc) that it is 'Still on my (your) Mind!'

This week's "Still on my Mind" is: 

Wicked Lovely(Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr.


Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
Released: June 12, 2007, HarperTeen.


Synopsis: 

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale.


Has anybody else had that feeling where you forget about something(in this case, a book) but it's still lurking in your subconscious? That's how I felt yesterday, because I was planning what book to write about today, and Wicked Lovely popped up ! I think it had it's own reasons for popping up ..

  1. I haven't read a Faery /fantasy book like this in a while, since the summer of 6th grade
  2. This is the only book I've read of the series! (it's sad, because there are five other books in the main series TBR)
  3. I only remember bits and pieces of it.
BUT. What I do remember has stayed with me ever since. With perfect clarity, I remember the total darkness and evil in this book, it amazed me! This is certainly not my usual read, especially way back then. I never read Faery books and if I happened to, it was like a needle in a haystack. I absolutely hated Faery books of any kind. I had come across a few really bad ones in the past. But this one book changed my whole perspective. I'm really starting to warm up to this genre, and I'm excited to re-read this book and finish the rest of the series. Again, another series to complete! I'm seriously going to get buried underneath my pile!


What's your "Still on my (your) Mind"? Leave me a comment or link and I will positivley look at them (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every single comment that I get. I will try to reply to all, because all of you deserve it! Please be sure to check back and see my reply!