Friday, March 1, 2013

Review of: Ethereal(Celestra, #1) by Addison Moore

Ethereal(Celestra, #1) by Addison Moore

Ethereal (Celestra, #1)Page Count(E-book Edition): 225 pgs
Publisher: Self-Published
Released: March 26, 2011
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal

My Rating: 2/5 stars
Read: from January 20th-February 18th, 2013
Source: Amazon Kindle Store


Synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old, Skyla Messenger is a dead girl walking.

When her newly remarried mother moves the family to Paragon Island, to a house that is rumored to be haunted, Skyla finds refuge in Logan Oliver, a boy who shares her unique ability to read minds.

Skyla discovers Logan holds the answers to the questions she’s been looking for, but Logan’s reluctance to give her the knowledge she desires leaves her believing Logan has a few secrets of his own.

Skyla’s bloodlines may just be connected to the most powerful angelic beings that roam the earth, and the more she knows, the more danger she seems to be in.

Suddenly an entire faction of earthbound angels wants her dead, at least she still has Logan, or does she?
(from Goodreads)

With Ethereal, I was definitely on edge with certain things. I never fully liked the plot because of how confusing it seemed to be. I felt as though there were many things going on at once, and which only about half were explained. I did like some events though, but I will explain those below.

Ethereal was about a girl who is a Celestra, or an angel. She is in danger every day because she is a "rare" one of her kind. Skyla has enemies too, like Michelle + her clique. With all of this, she has also just moved to Paragon Island, and into a haunted house. Ok,  here come my problems with this book. First off, I feel like that with all that was going on, none really connected! Every new chapter seemed to fast-forward into the future, throwing me off balance, saying "What the hell just happened?" One of the other things that bugged me was the fact that this book was super long for a self-published, e-book author. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but I couldn't understand why I at one point, was 67% done with the book, and I already was past 35 chapters?! It didn't add up.

The character's in Ethereal were pretty good. How can they not be with Logan and Gage?! I mean, come on now, you know you can't resist either of them! I personally liked Gage better because he was more mysterious and allusive, but in a I-know-I'm-sexy-I-will-seduce-you kind of way. I also really enjoyed Brielle, Skyla's new BFF once she moves in. She was quirky and funny, kinda like me(: Skyla was on the wall for me, because she sometimes seemed ignorant and idiotic to the point where she didn't think things through very well. She did end up redeeming herself though. I can't really think of anyone else I would like to mention, because those 4 characters were the most important.

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings for Ethereal. While I did semi-enjoy the plot, there was not enough support and details to keep me satisfied. I feel like I will continue to read this series, but most likely later in the year when and if the books go on sale. I got this for free!

♦Haley♦

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every single comment that I get. I will try to reply to all, because all of you deserve it! Please be sure to check back and see my reply!