Thursday, July 26, 2012

Still on my Mind #1




Hi everybody! Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far :D

Still on my Mind is hosted by the wonderful and talented Haley at Ya-Aholic. Click the link if you would like to participate in this awesome meme! :P

The book I have chosen today that "is still on my mind" is:

Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Hadddix. (hardcover edition)

Synopsis:

"Somewhere in the world I have a tiara in a little box. It is not safe for me to wear it...It is not safe for me even to tell anyone who I really am. But I know -- I have always known."

Cecilia knows that she is not just another peasant girl; she is actually the true princess, in hiding until the evil forces that killed her parents are vanquished. A commoner named Desmia is on the throne as a decoy.

As she gets older, Cecilia finds it harder to study statesmanship and palace protocol secretly at night and then pretend that she has nothing on her mind other than scrubbing the gruel stains out of her best apron by day.

Cecilia knows that it is time to take charge. Along with her best friend, Harper, she flees to the capital city, determined to reclaim her throne and face the danger head on.

When Harper and Cecilia reach the famed Palace of Mirrors, they discover complications: Princess Desmia believes an entirely different version of the story.

Acclaimed author Margaret Peterson Haddix returns to the charmed world of Just Ella, where a princess-in-hiding and a pretender to the throne discover that nothing is as it appears.



I read this, I'm thinking when I was in 6th grade, so back in 2009,  and it's been with me ever since! I'm sure my school had a book fair, and I bought it there in hardcover. This book has stuck with me because of three things:

  • I read this around the time I really started getting interested in books and reading, so this is kind of memorable for me..(:
  • This is most likely the first book I read that was in the fantasy genre
  • Palace of Mirrors was absolutely magical, fantastical and any other words that go into that category ;)
Plus, the detailing was great, and I admit I'm a sucker for princess in distress story every once in a while ♥

Any comments or questions about this or my blog? You know what to dooo...  Comment down there :
                     :
                    \/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every single comment that I get. I will try to reply to all, because all of you deserve it! Please be sure to check back and see my reply!