Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5



This week's topic is Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013. I've read 15 books this year so far, and I'm trying to read 75.


1. The Silenced by James Devita

I don't recall a book ever making me think this long and hard about the future world and what the probability is of an apocalypse in the future. I honestly haven't been this aghast after reading a book except for The book thief. It's definitely my favorite book of 2013 so far. I will be putting up a review of it soon, so stay tuned!

2. The Elite(The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass

At the beginning of the year, I read The Selection, the first of this series, and I LOVED IT. I can't believe I'm saying this but, I LOVE THIS ONE EVEN MORE. I don't know how it's possible that this book had even more action and romance and suspense?!?? I became obsessed, and of course being me, I made sure that my copy would be delivered from Amazon the day it came out, and it did!

3. The Selection(The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

So when I first got my copy of this book, I really didn't know that there was a lot of hype about it, but after I read it(let me mention, I more like devoured it in one night sitting okay) I could understand totally! The future-ness and competition like themes pulled at my heartstrings, and I just loved it then as I love it now!

4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I read this for my English class, and I really did enjoy the story. Since my class all read it together, we basically picked at the tiniest details, so I totally understood the theme and the mood of the story afterwards. We also watched the movie, and I liked it too! Usually, we read really boring Non-Fiction books in English, so this was a good surprising turn.

5. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen

This was a book that I knew I wanted to pick up, but it wasn't a huge need. One day, I just saw it at Books-A-Million and thought, "Yeah, why not?" I really really enjoyed this book! I wasn't expecting much, but I actually learned a lot about myself while reading it. I have yet to write a review, but it's coming soon!

6. Entwined by Heather Dixon

This was kind of a new topic for me, as dancing and olden times are a focal point in the story. I thought the pace could've gone a bit faster, but it was a really great book!

7. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

One thing I really thought was intersting about this book was that is was all centered on revenge. I know people say revenge is bad, two wrongs don't make a right, so on and so forth. But somewhere along the line, a girl has to have a guilty pleasure!Also, the fact that this book was co-written by two different authors, while their work fits in seamlessly together, makes it all the more cooler!

8. Ever(Ever, #1) by Jessa Russo

I actually already was included in a  book tour for this, and enjoyed the book. It was fast paced with lots of drama, romance and action just like I like it. Ever definitely kept me entertained!

9. Transfusion(Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1) by Nikki Jefford

This was also another book I was included in for a book tour, and this was enjoyable too! I needed vampires back in my life again, because the last 2 major series I read about them were The Twilight Saga and Vampire Academy. Definitely loved this one, hoping for the next soon!

10. Glimmerglass(Glimmerglass, #1) by Jenna Black

Lets start out with this: I don't do Faerie books. They just aren't my thing, my genre, whatever. I've had bad past experiences with them that make me wanna just throw the book away. With Glimmerglass however, this was the first Faerie book I really got into. The story made sense, with good romance and rising plot actions. I would definitely like to read the 2nd book sometime soon, whenever I go back to the library again.

So there we have it! Guys! This is my second post since I've been back!*Gasps audibly* I just hope I keep on this track.

♦Haley♦

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every single comment that I get. I will try to reply to all, because all of you deserve it! Please be sure to check back and see my reply!