Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Review of: The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

*Sorry if this is really crappy, I haven't done a review in forever:(*

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
The Probability of Miracles
Page Count(Paperback Edition): 360
Publisher: Razorbill
Released: (this edition) July 5th, 2012
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Read: September 17th-November 21st 
Source: Books-A-Million


Synopsis: 
A dying teen learns to live in this heart-wrenching debut, perfect for fans of If I Stay

Campbell Cooper has never been in love. And if the doctors are right, she'll never have the chance. So when she's told she needs a miracle, her family moves 1,500 miles north to Promise, Maine--a place where amazing, unexplainable events are said to occur--like it or not. And when a mysterious envelope arrives, containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies, she finally learns to believe--in love, in herself, and maybe even in miracles, as improbable as they may seem


I could have finished this book so much quicker if school work/life wasn't in the way! Geez! But back to the book(: This was so magical. I was seriously falling in love with living in the paradise of Promise, Maine. I even googled it to see if Promise, Maine exists! Sadly, it doesn't.

When I first picked up this book, I had a really good feeling about it. I guess it's part of its whole magical miracles it's got going on(: The romance, illness, suspense and magical-ness of it made my contemporary heart swoon!

I thought the plot developed great on it's own. Wendy didn't try and rush into the story , like many other authors do. She let it sit for a while in the beginning, giving you a feel of what was happening/going to happen, and it gradually started to kick up to some of my most favorite parts. Ex: When Cam meets Asher and when they go to Disney World together(dawwh). Wendy somehow managed to have this sense of paradise in this small town of Maine while holding onto " Cam is a very sick cancer patient at the end of her run". I began to love everything about Promise, like the beach, Cam's new little house, ASHER!<3, little shops and festivals and the people in general! It just sounds like a place I would love to live in. I,myself, started believing in this magic of Promise. There was some parts towards the end where was like "wow I totally forgot that Cam has cancer" I think Cam did too sometimes. The ending was so bittersweet and beautiful, yet it seemed like it fit perfectly. I still felt sad because that was opposite of what I expected/wanted to happen. But, I mean what to expect? Miracles can only do so much :'(.

The characters were phenomenal  I loved everyone. Cam, Asher, Perry, Cam's Mom, Izanagi, Nana, Elaine and so many more! Even the animal characters were perfection. They all had their special, unique quirks that added to the story and made it that much better. I just loved this book so much, all these feelings I can't even explain.

So there you go! I recommend this book to everyone and anyone. Bye, for now, before I start rambling!

♦Haley♦

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every single comment that I get. I will try to reply to all, because all of you deserve it! Please be sure to check back and see my reply!